Take Charge of Your Happiness
With the rash of bad weather across the country, whether its ice and snow, torrential rains or drought, the toll on our happiness, relaxation and general sense of wellbeing can be a huge. So in the spirit of taking charge where you can, here are some ideas of behaviors and activities that will boost your happiness level, right now! You don’t need to be dependent on the weather for your happiness. You can make a personal choice to manufacture your own with these recommendations:
1. Invest in human relationships. When you connect with others, you are creating a foundation that will enrich and support you more and more every day.
2. Be active. Find a way to move your body that feels good…even if this means cleaning out those nooks and crannies that always seem to be overlooked. When your body is active, it manufactures happiness.
3. Savor the moment. Sharpen your awareness of what puts you on an upward spiral by being mindful in the present moment. Find the positive aspects hidden in those bad weather days.
4. Try something new. Never stop learning. Set yourself a goal you’d like to meet and get started.
5. Do something to help someone. When you give a bit of yourself, you activate the pleasure zones in your brain.
Get ready to boost your internal sunshine!